As one of the most trusted Osteopath Clinics in Craigieburn, OsteoCare Craigieburn uses cutting-edge Osteopathic techniques to allow the muscles and tendons to relax around the joints.
Our team is composed of highly trained osteopaths and specialized massage therapists. The Australian Osteopathic Association certifies all of our osteopaths, and we prioritize customizing your treatment to fit your needs.
What is Osteopathy?
Osteopathy is a type of physical therapy used to treat a variety of muscle and joint aches and pain in the body. Unlike other forms of manual therapy, osteopaths look at the whole body and take a holistic approach.
The goal of Osteopathy is to free up movement in the body and reduce pain. Osteopaths will look for imbalances in the body and work to bring things back to their natural state.
What is the Osteocare Craigieburn Approach?
Before your unique treatment plan is designed, the osteopath will assess you with Orthopaedic and special Osteopathic tests. This initial consultation includes a skilled evaluation and different hands-on methods to understand your case. Our osteopaths will determine the specific needs of your body and design a treatment plan accordingly.
Is Osteopathy Right for You?
Our highly skilled osteopaths can help alleviate a variety of conditions. You should consider Osteopathy if you suffer from:
- Muscle and joint aches and pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Back pain
- Chronic headaches
- Pain associated with pregnancy
- Sciatica or back-pain associated with the sciatic nerve
- Sports injuries
If you’re experiencing pregnancy-related back pain, Osteopathy might be one of the best ways to reduce and eliminate your soreness.
Techniques in Osteopathy
At Osteocare Craigieburn, we use advanced therapeutic techniques.
Treatment plans can include a combination of the following:
- Articulation: uses a short distance and low speed of movement to rotate the muscles and release tightness in the joints.
- Stretching: reduces muscle tension and increases the range of free movement.
- Joint manipulation: uses a short distance, high-speed movement to release tension and restore “stuck” joints.
- Massaging the soft tissues: one of the most gentle of osteopathic techniques which helps improve posture and rebalance the whole body.
Benefits of Osteopathy
At Osteocare Craigieburn, our team focuses on restoring the natural range of movement and bringing comfort to the whole body. We specialize in rehabilitation for sports injuries, pain management for chronic back, shoulder, and neck pain, and individual customizable therapies.
Osteopathy can help you:
- Adapt to your body during pregnancy
- Eliminate chronic headaches and migraines
- Improve your circulation
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Increase the range of motion in joints
- Lessen stiffness in joints and muscles
- Find the root cause of chronic pain
- Improve poor posture or spinal alignment
- Provide gentle relief for physical discomfort
Reach Out to Us
We hope that this article has helped you understand Osteopathy. Visit an Osteopath in Craigieburn to find the right solution to your muscle and joint pain.
Give us a call at 1800 067 836 to talk with one of our friendly receptionists for more information.
Alternatively, schedule a consultation now via our online form.